Frequently Asked Questions
Does BioSymmetry take insurance?
What can I expect once I become a patient?
How often do I have to be seen?
Why should I choose BioSymmetry over other weight loss programs?
How long until I feel the effects of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement therapy (BHRT)?
Are there side effects associated with BHRT?
Does BHRT increase my risk for cancer?
What are hormone pellets and how are they inserted?
How often do I need to have the pellets inserted?
What is wrong with just taking estrogen pills? It is so simple to take a pill once a day.
Will the hormones protect me from bone loss?
Will estrogen make me gain weight?
What is the Skinny Shot?
The Skinny Shot is a mixture of B vitamins, amino acids, and lipotropic agents. They are used to help patients with generalized weight loss by boosting energy and metabolism and increasing removal of fat from the body.
The Skinny Shot a special formula of liver supporting nutrients that can help with energy, fat metabolism, and hormone balance, which are all key liver functions.
If you’re already on a weight loss plan and want to accelerate your results or you’re looking for a quick-and easy way to get started on your weight loss journey, the Skinny Shot is worth considering.
So what are they? The Skinny Shot or Lipotropic Injections area are a complex of three metabolic components (methionine, inositol and choline) and they are used to help burn fat throughout the body by specifically targeting the body’s fat stores.
Studies have shown that lipotropics can increase the metabolism of fats and can aid with weight loss.
What does the Skinny Shot contain?
Our injection is a compounded preparation of essential vitamins.
- Vitamin B5 – also called pantothenic acid is just one of eight B vitamins and is one of the most important vitamins in human life. It’s necessary for making blood cells, and it helps you convert the food you eat into energy. All B vitamin’s help you convert the protein, carbohydrates, and fats you eat into energy. B vitamins are also needed for: healthy skin, hair, and eyes. Helps with proper functioning of the nervous system and liver. It’s used by the body to help breakdown fats, protein and carbs. It’s a key nutrient in helping support the adrenal glands (your stress gland) and we know the adrenal glands hold our fats hostage during times of stress. Last but not least this vitamin helps make red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body.
- L-Carnitine – is a naturally occurring amino acid which plays a vital role in the metabolism of fat. It functions as a transporter of fatty acids into the mitochondria, the metabolic furnace of the cell.
- MIC – is a combination of three vital components.
- Methionine – is one of the sulfur-containing amino acids. It acts as a lipotropic agent to prevent excess fat buildup in the liver and the body.
- Inositol – is a vitamin-like natural sugar related to the B vitamin family. Inositol helps metabolize fat and may improve insulin function in the body.
- Choline – supports the health of the liver in its processing and excretion of chemical waste products within the body. It is required for the metabolism and transport of fats and cholesterol within the body, which is important for the healthy support of the endocrine, cardiovascular and hepatic system.