Hormone Therapy, Medical Weight Loss, Anti-Aging
- Help improve our immune system
- Help us look and feel younger
- Boost our libidos
- Protect our DNA
- Help us lose body fat
- Reduce inflammation
- Sleep deeper
- Help our brains become sharper
Peptide therapy is relatively new to the United States but has been used in Australia for about 30 years and in Russia for about 50 years. The science of peptides has been around since the 1970's and continues to grow.
Growth hormone is important for growth and development until around 18-20 years of age. After that, it is needed as an adult for cellular repair and healing. As we age, our body begins to produce less growth hormone and thus lowers the ability to repair cell damage, which ultimately contributes to aging.
In a 1990 study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Daniel Rudman noted that higher levels of human growth hormone (HGH) in men ranging in age from 61 to 81 conferred significant benefits and slowed the aging process.
Why use a Natural Peptide vs. HGH (Human Growth Hormone)?
Peptide use leads to the preservation of youthful anatomy and physiology without the possible harmful side effects associated with HGH administration. Also, law prohibits off-label use of HGH. The function of natural peptides is to stimulate the pituitary function, and produce more of your natural growth hormone. This increases the safety and minimizes the side effects. Another distinct advantage is cost. Typically, HGH can run $1000/month for treatment; peptides are a much more cost effective option with 3 months costing less than one month of treatment with HGH.
Ipamorelin (nightly sub-q injection)
Biosymmetry offers numerous peptides to help with a variety of needs. The most popular peptide prescribed is a growth hormone secratogue called Ipamorelin. A secretagogue is a substance that causes another substance to be secreted. In the case of Ipamorelin, it causes the pituitary gland to secrete more growth hormone. This peptide is very different from the anabolic agent that body builders use to build muscle. The synthetic version of growth hormone used primarily by body builders can be dangerous because it may shut down the body's ability to produce its own growth hormone. Peptides help to boost the bodies natural ability to produce more of its own. Our pituitary naturally secretes growth hormone in a pulsatile fashion and the largest peak is at night while we sleep.
Patient benefits over time may include:
Promotes Slow Wave Sleep
Improves Memory Retention
Stimulates Muscle Growth
Aids in Fat Loss & Lean Muscle
The Possible Benefits of Ipamorelin/CJC Injections
- Increase development and cut of lean muscles - Because muscles become larger using Ipamorelin shots, and fat melts away, it gives the appearance of being leaner and meaner.
- Improved recovery time from working out and physical activity - One of the biggest setbacks of aging is that it takes longer to recover from muscle building and working out. Ipamorelin shrinks recovery time.
- Increase vigor, improve stamina and up regulate vitality - A rising sense of zest and zeal inexplicably rises in people who use Ipamorelin.
- Melt belly fat and adipose tissue on the hips, thighs and buttocks
- Bone strength and bone mineral density composite improve - our bones become lighter and more frail as we age, because we lose our capacity to hold the mineral density in our very bones. Women more than men suffer from osteoporosis, and Ipamorelin has been shown in some women to have a protective capacity in these regards.
- Regulation of other hormone symphonies improves
- Boost metabolism, improve circulation - one of the most noticeable things about Ipamorelin is how it helps people to lose weight safely. Although not promoted as a weight loss medication, through the increase in muscle mass and the reduction in fat, the visual results are impressive.
- Sleep, a quality that deteriorates with age, plays a very important role in the amount Human Growth Hormone our body produces. The majority of our natural HGH production is known to occur during deep sleep. Because the body produces HGH during deep sleep, less hours of sleep and poor sleeping patterns result in a low production of HGH. Ipamorelin Therapy promotes longer, deeper sleep and improved sleeping patterns. Production of HGH during the sleep cycle becomes dramatically improved. This deep restful sleep and increased production of HGH enhances the body's ability to better recover and regenerate from daily life and exercise.
Ipamorelin and Testosterone Cypionate Together
If you are also experiencing deficiency in testosterone, thus suffering from low t, andropause, androgen deficiency syndrome, hypotestosteronemia or the medical diagnosis of hypogonadism, we can prescribe peptides concurrently with a testosterone program. Our patients report amazing benefits from combining Testosterone and Ipamorelin together.
Reactions to Ipamorelin
THE MOST COMMON REACTION to Ipamorelin therapy is related to local irritation around the injection site, which occurs in around one of every six patients. This irritation is characterized by redness, pain, or swelling. Though this side effect is relatively common, only a small minority of patients find the irritation bothersome enough to suspend therapy. There are other side effects which occurr in less than one percent of patients. These side effects include: severe drowsiness, hives, vomiting, headache, nausea, difficulty swallowing, hyperactivity, chest tightness and pallor, distortion in perception of taste, and flushing of the skin.
DSIP (Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide): Nightly Sub-Q Injection
DSIP is a unique member of the family of peptide neuromodulators. It exhibits a pronounced stress protective action and decreases stress-induced metabolic and functional disorders.
- Improved sleep
- Opioid withdrawal
- To stimulate testosterone levels via LH release
BPC-157 (Body Protection Compound): Sub-Q injections at injury site, or can be taken orally for GI issues
BPC-157 is composed of 15 amino acids. Experimentally, it has been demonstrated to accelerate the healing of many different wounds, including tendon-to-bone healing and superior healing of damanged ligaments. Additionally, BPC-157 has shown to protect organs and aids in the prevention of gastric ulcers.
- Repairing muscle, nerve, tendon, or ligament damage
- Can heal digestive system, leaky gut syndrome
- Additional benefits in GI autoimmune diseases like ulcerative colitis and Crohn's Disease
Thymosin Beta 4 - Sub-Q injection at injury site for 20 days
Thymosin is a hormone secreted from the Thymus gland. Its primary function is to stimulate the production of T cells, which are an important part of the immune system. Thymosin also assists in the development of B cells to plasma cells to produce antibodies. Thymosin works at the cellular level supporting tissue stem cells to heal and regenerate injured tissue.
- Acute injury and tissue repair
- Surgical repairs
- Senior athletes
- Shown in studies to help regrow hair
MK-677 (Ibutamoren): Oral tablet taken daily
MK-677, also known as Ibutamoren, is a long-acting secratogue that mimics the growth hormone ghrelin. It has been shown to increase the secretion of several hormones including growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1). MK-677 may also help increase overall sleep quality as it affects REM sleep. This compound is commonly used by bodybuilders to enhance performance.
- Increased muscle mass
- Quicker recovery
- Improved strength
The future of peptides
As of 2018, there are 60 peptide drugs that have been approved in the United States, Europe, and Japan. Over 150 are in active clinical development. 260 have been tested in human clinical trials (Lau J and Dunn M - Biorganic + Medical Chemistry 26-2018). As the science evolves, Biosymmetry plans to evolve as well.