BioSymmetry is excited to offer new eyebrow microblading services to the Wilmington, NC and Goldsboro, NC areas.
* Please note that all after photos are taken the same day as the procedure, skin irritation and redness will fade in a few hours post procedure.
Shena, our Wilmington, NC Microblading Artist
Shena received her microblading training from a highly reputable company in the cosmetic tattooing industry, Deluxe Brows-Microblading Academy, and was trained by the world renowned and founder herself, Aleksandra Maniuse in Los Angeles, California. Shena earned her Bachelor of Health Science degree from Shenandoah University. Her specialized education and training have set her up for success as a professional microblading artist. Shena has a keen eye for aesthetics, which helps her achieve natural and timeless results.
Sherry, our Goldsboro, NC Microblading Artist
Sherry received her intensive training through Deluxe Brows Microblading Academy, and by founder Aleksandra Maniuse. This training, paired with 15 years of vast experience in the medical field, have prepared her to provide tremendous results that far exceed her clients' expectations: natural, perfect brows.
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup technique where an artist uses a special tool to manually create hair-like strokes on the eyebrow to improve fullness and shape. The pigment is deposited into the epidermis and lasts 12 to 18 months, as it will gradually fade.
The result is natural-looking, fuller brows. Microblading is a great option for those with thinning brow hair, those who have over-waxed or tweezed, those with alopecia of the brows where hair no longer grows, or for anyone who just wants to improve the brow fullness and shape.
What to expect
We first recommend a brief consultation to determine if you are good candidate for microblading and also to discuss your desired result. Then your initial microblading service may be scheduled. The process will take between 2 to 3 hours.
At your appointment, we will first apply a topical numbing cream to your eyebrow area for about 30 minutes. During this time, color will be selected together by the client and technician. After the skin has been numbed, your technician will do a “pre-drawing” to map out the shape for the brow. The client and technician will together agree upon the shape and fullness. Then the microblading process will begin.
A “touch up” service is required 6 weeks later for best results, and this appointment is included in the price of the microblading. The touch up will take about 90 minutes.
Does it hurt?
This varies from person to person, depending on sensitivity of the client. Some clients may feel slight discomfort but most find the process tolerable, comparing the feeling to a paper cut or a rough scratch. After the first pass, an anesthetic gel will be applied to the skin which will allow for more comfort moving forward with the service.
What happens after the procedure?
- Skin may be sensitive, red and/or slightly swollen.
- You may experience some scabbing — DO NOT PICK THE SCABS as this can cause you to lose pigment.
- Closely follow the after care instructions provided by your technician, as this will determine the success of the overall result
- Initially the color may appear too dark, but the color will fade 30-50% over 4-6 weeks.
- A “touch up” appointment is highly advised, and built into the service price, and may be performed 6 weeks after the initial service. This will also help determine the overall result.
Not ideal for:
- Individuals with oily skin and large pores – pigment has a harder time retaining
- Individuals with previous permanent makeup
- Individuals who have used retinoids within the last 2 weeks
- Individuals who have had deep chemical or laser peels within the last 6 weeks
- Individuals who have had Botox within the last 2 weeks
- Individuals on blood thinners – excess bleeding can cause the pigment to not retain (may receive a note from doctor to stop blood thinners for a period of time prior to service)
Depending on severity of medical condition, some individuals may still be able to have the procedure with a note from their doctor.
- Individuals with diabetes type 1 or 2
- Individuals with thyroid disease
- Individuals with auto-immune diseases
- Individuals with high risk of infection or slow healing time due to any medical condition
- Individuals currently undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
- If you are pregnant or nursing
Watch a video of the microblading procedure!
*Individual results may vary.